Methode Development Company's patented process, Sonicrimp®, provides a simple, elegant and efficient technique for mass termination of wires and contacts, of virtually any size and combination, to a wide variety of surfaces and substrates. Offering waterproof and low-resistance electrical connections, Sonicrimp is utilized in disposable single-patient use applications, sensor solutions for patient monitoring, and RFID infant security and wandering resident applications.
- No solder, IDC or conductive adhesives required
- Offers higher density potential
- Utilizes ultrasonic welding
- Maintains contact and wire compression even after extended heat aging and thermal cycling
- Includes moisture barriers for environmentally sealed connections
- Provides special mounting designs for superior strain relief to the cable
- Features rounded edges for comfort and safety
- Won't crack or increase resistance like conductive adhesives
- Offers ergonomic finger grips for added efficiency and safety
Green TechnologySolder free, the Sonicrimp process eliminates the use of potentially hazardous materials as well as the contamination and cleaning associated with various solder processes.
Multiple Functions in a Single TerminalMDC's patented process features environmental sealing, mounting features and other mechanical performance criteria.
Cable Strain ReliefOur engineers mold a cable strain relief into the cap and cradle, eliminating a component and reducing the steps in the assembly process.